First day of school! First day of school! For the last few weeks we have been chanting that phrase (just like Nemo did in the movie)...and today it finally happened! Ry had her first day of Kindergarten! She was really excited until we got about half-way to the school...then she got really quiet and said she didn't want to go. It got a little bit worse when we actually got to the school. She had "water in her eyes" in the parking lot, and was crying openly when it was time to say good-bye to her mom. After fifty hugs and kisses good-bye, she got brave and walked into school. She had a pretty good day, and she said her eyes got a little bit of water in them half-way through the day, but she didn't cry anymore after I left. Now she is a pro, though, and can't wait for school tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Great update! Good job on the first day of school Riley. I wanna know how much preping you had to do Lindsey. Also, Bailey's head is nice and round but not too big - unlike my kids- Alyvia was 5%for height and weight and 100% on head at 6months.
Way to go, Riley! I'm proud of you for being brave.
Can you believe you're sending your own little girl off to school? That's crazy! I'm sure she'll be loving it by a week or so and you'll be loving it too! :)
I can't believe the day finally came for Riley's first day of school. I have to admit we wish it would have been back here in Oregon but we are glad to hear all went well.
What a cutie! I can't believe she is in school already! I remember when we first moved to Molalla...and she was barely walking at the time!
Post a Comment