Last week we got home from our summer trip to New Mexico to visit Cory's parents. We were there for a week and it was nice to visit with everyone. Cory helped his dad do odds and ends on the ranch and the kids had fun playing with cousins they don't get to see often enough. This was the year of the rattlesnake, and we saw eight or nine of them while we were there (thankfully only one of them was alive when we saw it...and Grandma and the suburban quickly took care of that!). In the nine or so years that I have been going to the ranch, I have never actually seen a snake...guess we made up for that all in one year! I HATE snakes!
Overall it was a fun trip...we decided to drive home overnight, like we did at Christmas. Riley slept like a champ, but Bailey did NOT. She hated being confined to her carseat and would sleep for an hour or so, and then cry for two. Needless to say it wasn't hard for Cory and I to stay awake with a screaming child in the backseat. Even though it wasn't fun on the way home we still made it home in about 14 hours as opposed to the 16 1/2 it takes us when the kids are awake!

Bailey in the swing

Getting ready for a family four wheeler ride.

The triplets, Bailey, and Riley watching a show.

Riley and her cousins David and Clayton

Isn't she cute?
3 comments:
It's about time you posted something! So sorry I missed all the rattlesnakes.
We had so much fun with you guys, and the boys still talk about missing Riley!
Yesterday we had a big bull snake on our back porch. Snakes at the ranch are one thing, but when they show up at my house- it's personal.
Riley looks really hot in the outside pictures...how hot did you say it was again?!
Post a Comment