Last Friday I was in a hurry and trying to get Bailey into the house after we got home from running errands. I slid open the van door so that I could grab the groceries from the car (none too gently...remember I was in a hurry). The next thing I know Bailey is screaming, flat on her back with her legs up in the air. Apparently when I slid the door open the back edge caught her right in the middle of her forehead. I dented the poor kid's head! Bailey was screaming, there was some blood, and within a minute it looked like she was growing a third eye on her head. I felt really bad! It ended up not being as serious as I thought it was going to be, but Bailey will tell everyone who asks about her head that her mom hit her with the car door. Poor kid.

3 comments:
If only I could remember all of the times I had done something like that to my kids. I was cutting Arcadia's fingernails once and was trying to hurray and cut the tip of her finger instead of the nail. OOPS!
Poor little thing. Love the sad puppy eyes in the photo!
I totally appreciate your honest post! If I had a dime for everytime did something like that....
Post a Comment