Friday, March 6, 2009

No more ear infections...we hope!

We took Bailey up to Primary Children's Hospital this morning so that she could get tubes put in her ears. Bailey has had six or seven ear infections over the last nine months, and her doctor suggested putting tubes in would be a good choice for her. We had to be up REALLY early this morning, and Bayz couldn't eat or drink anything, which doesn't start the day off on a great note. Bailey has developed quite a dislike of doctors and examination rooms (which there were a lot of both today), so she spent a lot of time between 6:30 and 9:30 crying her heart out (except for the 20 minutes she was put under...). Just look at her face in these pictures! Poor kid! We are all glad today is over with, and hopefully there won't be any more ear infections!







9 comments:

LagaFamily said...

Poor Bayzie. Hope this makes her feel better. She looks so pathetic in some of those pictures!

CHRISTINE said...

Poor thing. I hate taking little ones to the hospital. Wyatt is getting his tonsils and adnoids out later this month and I am sooo nervous! The only other time he was in the hospital was when he had a pnemonia (sp?). Anyway, just the sight of that dang crib in your picture makes me want to cry. It was a hard time for everyone. Glad Bailey is ok.

Lindsey said...

The worst part of the whole thing was when they took Bailey away from us...we had to stay in the waiting room while they took her to the operating room. We were sad...she was REALLY sad...

Bryn said...

Oh, that is so sad. I hope this does the trick. Those dang ear infections are the pits! I hope that she is all cuddley during her recovery. Luke can hold a grudge and will let you have it for days!

Heather and Logan said...

She looks so sad! Poor Bayz. Get well soon!

Puffer Love said...

Poor Girl. I hope she feels better though. Those pictures make me want to hug her and kiss her, shes so cute.

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Hope Bailey is doing better. I've heard great things about tubes. It's too bad she had to go through all that though.

Clarissa said...

So sad. Those pics really broke my heart. Hope the tubes really help her and she never has to do that again.

Anonymous said...

That one pic with the tears and binki is sooo sad! I hope that she feels better soon!