Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just not the same...

Thanksgiving is great, don't get me wrong...but as soon as the dishes are done on Thanksgiving day we are plotting out our plan to get ready for Christmas. We have always gotten our tree the day after Thanksgiving, and this year was no exception. This is the first year we have had our own house since moving from Oregon - and I have to say the whole "getting our Christmas tree" experience was a downer. Instead of cruising up and down rows of Christmas trees at White's Tree Farm, we headed to the garden section of the local Home Depot and bought one from a guy in a nice orange apron (he swore up and down the trees they were selling were just unloaded off the truck two days before...isn't that what all the tree lot people say??). Don't get me wrong, the tree is nice and it smelled good for about 20 minutes (and I think I filled up the vaccuum bag full of needles after bringing the tree inside). It just isn't the same as firing up the chain saw and cutting the tree down yourself. Oh well...the girls didn't seem to mind, and they had a great time decorating the tree. That is all that matters, right??

Ry at the tree farm - December, 2007 (don't those trees look perfect?)

Ry and Bailey decorating this year's tree - nice work, girls!


2 comments:

Puffer Love said...

Steve and I were reading your post and rest assured Steve is almost positive that the trees from Home Depot in Utah are from Yule Tree Farm!!!

Heather said...

The tree looks cute at least:) I am all about the fake trees because I think I would freeze to death if I had to go cut my own tree down!!:)