We knew the girls were dying to have Christmas lights on the house, but Cory and I had pretty much decided not to do it this year. The roof line is REALLY high, so we considered hiring someone to put them up but figured the girls wouldn't die if there weren't any lights. I think it was Riley's "but Dad, how is Santa going to find our house" that did it. Cory brought over my dad's extension ladder, extended it as high as it would go, told my brother to hold onto the bottom, and went to work. I was nervous when Cory was up there stringing the lights. I couldn't watch...I told him I would be in the house unless I heard a scream followed by a splat. What a great wife, huh? The end result was that we had lights, no one splatted (is that a word??), and the girls are happy.

We went to the Festival of Trees with some friends earlier this month. It was fun, and the trees were beautifully decorated. Ry liked looking, and Bailey did, too, but she was more concerned with how to escape from the stroller.

Riley had her Christmas/Grandparent's Day program at school last week. The kids sang some cute songs! Ry did great, and was glad that Mimi and Papa could come.





In addition to all of the activities we have been doing, we have been baking, Christmas card-ing, shopping, wrapping, visiting, and just enjoying the season. I guess the hustle and bustle finally caught up with us early this week when both girls came down with really bad colds. Bailey is recovering from croup, and is just not herself (though we have high hopes she will feel better by tomorrow morning for her first Christmas when she knows what is going on!). Riley is feeling much better, too, and is more than ready for Santa's visit! We hope you have a great Christmas...pictures of Christmas morning are coming soon!




1 comment:
It looks so beautiful at temple square. I hope the girls aren't too sick when you visit in a little bit. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment