Saturday, September 6, 2008

Man Alive...Look Who's Five!




I can't believe Riley is now five years old. I swear she is growing up and changing right before my eyes! I know part of it is due to just plain old growing up...but I also give going to school credit for changing my little girl into a big girl. If only she could stay little just a little longer!!


Okay, enough of the sappy stuff...Ry spent the entire weekend celebrating her birthday. On Friday the 22nd, she got to take cupcakes to school and pass them out to her classmates (okay, I passed them out to her class...she was too shy...we are still working on getting her to talk at school). After school we went to the park and then out to Red Robin for dinner. At Red Robin, after dinner was over, the waiter brought Ry out the BIGGEST piece of ice cream cake we had ever seen. There was plenty there for all twelve of us there to share. You should have seen Ry's eyes when she realized the cake was for her. They about bugged out of her head! It was so funny.


On Saturday, Riley decided she wanted to have an ice cream cake for her birthday (after attempting a homemade one last year, it was straight to Baskin Robbins this time!) and she got to pick out the cake, ice cream, frosting, writing, and decorations. What a dream come true! (Note to parents...what a rip off! The cake was seriously over-priced). She also decided to go to Cherry Hill for the day. We had a lot of fun with Mimi, Papa, Sheebo, and Suggie playing in the pool, swimming in the lazy river, and going down the water slides. Opening presents and a birthday dinner of spaghetti rounded out the best day a five year old could ever wish for.

4 comments:

Heather and Logan said...

Sounds like it was fun. We wish we could have been there. I love ice cream cake!

hope2adoptbaby said...

Where's the pictures from Red Robin or Cherry Hill? Cute new background.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. I'm sure Taylor would have loved to be there to join in the fun. She is looking forward to her birthday in two weeks. They do grow up fast. About that ice cream cake, I have a great recipe for one that turned out great when I made it last year for Taylor's birthday, remind me and I'll pass it along.

I Choose Happiness said...

That sounds like such an exciting weekend. It makes me a little tired. Ben would be so totally jealous of going to Cherry Hill. His family loves that place!