We have taken a bigger interest in food storage over the last several months. In fact, we (my sisters and parents) recently bought a dry pack canner to use here at the house. Yesterday was the first day we broke it out of the box and put it to use. We canned rice, salt, spaghetti noodles, and pinto beans. We had a lot of helpers (from the kids who put the spaghetti in the cans and the Moms of the kids who supervised, to Mimi who was in charge of the babies, to Dave and Papa who ran the canner). It was fun and it always feels good to see new cans of food on the storage shelves (or in our case, the storage unit!).
That's so cool! Jared and I are getting our year supply...THIS YEAR! We are almost there. I love preparing. Good for you! Also, Riley's haircut is really cute on her!
5 comments:
That's so cool! Jared and I are getting our year supply...THIS YEAR! We are almost there. I love preparing. Good for you! Also, Riley's haircut is really cute on her!
how cool. do you rent it out?
I am jealous!! I wish my food storage looked like that!!:) Can we just come to your house when there is an emergency??:)
I just saw Shelby's post on your food storage day. Like I told her - I'm way jealous. That's so awesome!
Way to go. You all make it look so simple.
Post a Comment